When can I join Central Valley Medical Group?
You can join CVMG year-round if you are currently enrolled in any of the following Medicare Advantage Plans; you do not need to wait until Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period!
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Plans
- SCAN Medicare Advantage Plans
- Golden State Medicare Plan
When can I join a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- You become eligible for Medicare three months before the month you turn 65 until three months after the month you turn 65; if you wait, you may be assessed a higher premium penalty.
- If you didn’t join when you were first eligible, you can join during the Annual Election Period.
- If you have another Medicare plan, you can join or switch during the Annual Election Period, which is October 15 through December 7 of each year.
You may also be able to join a Medicare Advantage Plan during Special Election Periods at other times, such as:
- If you move out of the service area of the plan you are in
- If you have both Medicare and Medicaid (MediCal in California)
- If you have certain special needs
Make CVMG your medical group of choice:
If you’ve already enrolled in one of the Medicare Advantage Plans CVMG accepts, you choose your primary care physician and choose CVMG as your medical group. You can designate CVMG as your medical group AT ANY TIME DURING THE YEAR. Call the plan at the number listed below and let them know you want your doctor through CVMG. If you want help finding a CVMG doctor, click here for the physician search or call 209-800-CVMG (2864).
Remember: to get the benefits of CVMG, you must specify you want your doctor through Central Valley Medical Group (CVMG)!