What is the CVMG DCE and how do I join?
The CVMG Direct Contracting Entity is an innovative program with the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that was designed for Original Medicare Fee for Service beneficiaries to provide greater continuity of care between physicians and facilities treating the patient for better health outcomes. Aligning with CVMG’s DCE program does not change Original Medicare benefits: beneficiaries always have the freedom to choose any doctor, hospital or provider that accepts Medicare. CMS will attribute beneficiaries to the DCE, based on claims data. However, patients may also voluntarily align with the DCE to get extra benefits. It’s easy: beneficiaries can either sign up through MyMedicare.gov or download and return the simple form to CVMG by clicking HERE.
When can I join Central Valley Medical Group?
You can join CVMG year-round if you are currently enrolled in any of the following Medicare Advantage Plans; you do not need to wait until Medicare’s Annual Enrollment Period!
- Anthem Medicare Advantage Plans
- Brand New Day Medicare Advantage Plans
- Health Net Medicare Advantage Plans
- Humana Medicare Advantage Plans
- SCAN Medicare Advantage Plans
- Golden State
When can I join a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- You become eligible for Medicare three months before the month you turn 65 until three months after the month you turn 65; if you wait, you may be assessed a higher premium penalty.
- If you didn’t join when you were first eligible, you can join during the Annual Election Period.
- If you have another Medicare plan, you can join or switch during the Annual Election Period, which is October 15 through December 7 of each year.
You may also be able to join a Medicare Advantage Plan during Special Election Periods at other times, such as:
- If you move out of the service area of the plan you are in
- If you have both Medicare and Medicaid (MediCal in California)
- If you have certain special needs
Make CVMG your medical group of choice:
If you’ve already enrolled in one of the Medicare Advantage Plans CVMG accepts, you choose your primary care physician and choose CVMG as your medical group. You can designate CVMG as your medical group AT ANY TIME DURING THE YEAR. Call the plan at the number listed below and let them know you want your doctor through CVMG. If you want help finding a CVMG doctor, click here for the physician search or call 209-800-CVMG (2864).
Remember: to get the benefits of CVMG, you must specify you want your doctor through Central Valley Medical Group (CVMG)!